Highlights of this tour
- Rialto food market tour (on request)
- Hands on cooking class with private chef
VENICE FOR FOODIES: A COOKING CLASS
VENICE COOKING CLASS – Make your stay in Venice memorable, and indulge in delightful Venetian food and fruity Veneto wines!
This city is unique for many reasons, which affect both the lifestyle of the residents and those who spend a shorter time here.
Due to the lack of cars, scooters and bicycles, deliveries in Venice are not easy, and food supplies have always been a big issue
In the past centuries buildings for the storage of grains, salt and other commodities were scattered throughout the city.
Today the extensive use of motorboats and refrigerators can guarantee a constant supply for restaurants, bars, and hotels, while ordinary people cannot carry a lot of food for the next couple of weeks!
Food stalls and outdoor markets are still part of the social and cultural context, still present today, as in the old days, in the many ‘campi’, or squares, scattered all over the city.
Locals care for fresh produce, and love purchasing seasonal food, which is used for traditional recipes.
They know the meaning of “from farm to table”, indeed!
Our goal is to provide a first hand culinary experience and show you all the different processes used for a few dishes, under the supervision of a food expert, who will be pleased to interact with you.
Cost of this tour
- Your culinary experience lasts four hours, lunch included, and costs 210 euros per person (minimum two persons, market tour not included).
- A class operates with a maximum of 6 people.
- Please note that Rialto market is open from Mondays through Saturdays, but the fish section is closed on Mondays too.
- Supplement for the Rialto Market tour with the chef 80€ (not per person)