- Ancient Rome overview with Colosseum interior
- Walk in the historical heart with visit to the Pantheon
- Visit to the Vatican City with Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
All about Rome… in one day! A shore excursion
All about Rome in one day! is designed for cruisers that have only a very short time in Rome and want to maximize it.
We have rounded up the main sights and some of the must sees, but of course you need to come back ! You really cannot visit Rome in one day!
Your private driver will come to pick you up at the Port of Civitavecchia (right by the ship), then when in Rome you will meet your private guide.
With your skip the line tickets and your expert guide you will enter the monument without long delays and visit the accessible sections ( which may vary according to the season).
Your guide will tell you about the battles between fierce animals, or between men and beasts, or between gladiators. The building was originally much richer in marbles, statues, colorful decorations, at the point of resulting frankly ‘over the top’!
It was, however, an incredible work of engineering, created to contain comfortably 60,000 people, and thanks to its 80 exits it could be emptied in just few minutes.
Elevators brought up the gladiators and wild beasts directly from the underground , so the audience could see the animal and the human fighters materialize out of nothing.
An elaborate system of covering was deviced to protect the audience from the sun (the competitions always started at noon !).
All this had been built in just 5 years , between 75 and 80 A.D., thanks to Emperor Vespasianus.
The name Colosseum is probably due to a colossal statue of Emperor Nero here, no longer present.
- 1260 euros for closed parties up to 6 people
- Private car and English speaking professional driver service (10 hours) from Civitavecchia harbour and back.
- Six hour private guide services
- Lunch and admission fees ARE NOT included
- Admission fees: Colosseum: 21 euros per person; Vatican Museum: 28 euros per person; Pantheon: 2 euros
- We can take care of reserving for you but we need to know at least 15 days in advance!
- If you have a bigger party please inquire at email
- As a dress code to enter the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica shoulders and knees have to be covered.
- Due to security checks there might be slowdowns at the entrances of the monuments, for the same reason bag packs and big bags are not allowed.