Highlights of this tour
- Round trip to Chianti from Florence with private car/van
- English speaking guide
- Visit with wine tasting to two historical wineries
- Enjoy the impressive Chianti landscape
A taste of Chianti: full day tour from Florence
CHIANTI – Tuscany has a luscious green heart which produces a red ruby wine renown all over the world since many centuries.
Our A taste of Chianti tour will depart from Florence at the discovery if this celebrated historical territory, once inhabited by the Etruscans, who already cultivated and traded grapes.
There will be a blend of unspoiled and spectacular landscapes, visits to high tech wineries nestled in monumental medieval premises.
We will touch a few ancient towns, famous for their local food, wines and crafts. We’ll meet some local people, that will be happy and proud to tell us about their traditions.
Towns : Greve, Panzano,Volpaia, Radda, Gaiole.
Depending on your tastes, lunch will be either at Panzano or Volpaia.
At the end, on our way back to Florence, we will enjoy sunset and on the verdant hills and picturesque castles of Val di Pesa, with a brief stop for picture taking at San Casciano.
Chianti, perhaps an Etruscan name, defines both the hilly region between Florence and Siena and a wine, based for at least 80% on Sangiovese grapes. You will learn much more, of course, during the tour.
We will stop first at Greve in Chianti, half an hour away from Florence, where the must-see is the bizarrely funnel shaped Piazza del Mercato. On top of the double wings of arches are some curious terraces, while in the middle stands the imposing statue of Giovanni da Verrazzano, the great explorer born at Greve in 1485.
Interesting row of local food shops (meat, sausages, cheese, olives, olive oil) and handmade crafts, such as baskets and olive tree items.
Cost of this tour
- This tour lasts ten hours and costs 825 euros up to 6 people
- Consider an extra 60 euros per person to join the visit and wine tasting in the 3 wineries we’ve included in the tour
- Lunch and other costs are not included
- Private car/van and English speaking expert guide is included
Dress Code and advice
- Short sleeves and kneee high are ok
- Wear comfortable shoes or sandals and a hat in summe