Highlights of this tour
- Sunset motor-launch tour on the Grand Canal (with private boat)
- A walk in the Venetians’ Venice
- Ombre & cicheti (glass of wine with munchies in a local place)
- Restaurants’ tips & advice
VENICE SUNSET TOUR, BY BOAT & ON FOOT
VENICE SUNSET TOUR – The Grand Canal is the universally celebrated waterway of Venice, has the shape of an inversed-S sneaking through the city for about two and a half miles.
Most probably its course corresponds to the central branch of the Brenta River, once flowing into the Adriatic Sea at this point.
Through the centuries, living on the Grand Canal was a must for any prominent Venetian family, whether for business, as they were seafaring merchants, or just as a status symbol.
Nowadays many of the 170 palaces were converted into hotels or museums. Fashion tycoons such as Prada or Benetton are investing on it.
Great painters like Canaletto, Francesco Guardi, Turner, Monet, Manet, Whistler, Kokoschka, fascinated by the light effects on water and architectures, immortalized it in many famous paintings.
There’s nothing like the Grand Canal and, especially at sunset, the magic is still intact.
Although a gondola tour might sound more romantic, we much prefer the idea of a private launch, which gives the opportunity of seeing more, will shelter you from sun or rain, allowing you to stand up safely and take memorable pictures!
You’ll dream about your Venice Sunset Tour when you’re back home.
Our sunset tour will start from St Mark Square, with a panoramic view over St Giorgio Maggiore and the Giudecca Islands.
The entrance to the Grand Canal is marked by two imposing buildings: the Dogana (now Francois Pinault private museum, once sea Custom House) and the Salute Church, the most majestic Baroque architecture in Venice.
You already saw all these buildings in movies!
Cost of this tour
- This tour lasts two hours and costs 360 euro up to six people (not per person). Only private parties.
- For larger parties send us an email.
- Transportation: included (one hour private water taxi)
- Wine and finger food NOT included
- Not recommended if you don’t like wine or when it’s too hot, in July and August! Gelato better…
Dress Code and advice
- No dress code required