- San Lorenzo Market
- Local Specialties Stores
- Traditional wine bar
- Stroll in the heart of Florence
WINE & FOOD DELIGHTS IN FLORENCE
Wine & Food Delights in Florence -As you travel throughout Italy, you become aware of the amazing array of culinary products and traditions, so that food and wine have always played an integral part of the country’s identity.
This tour aims at crafting a tale about it, and give you the opportunity to sample some delightful specialties including Tuscan Prosciutto, Pecorino cheese, wild boar Salami, and tasty snacks.
We strongly believe that genuine food needs to be seasonal and locally produced.
In Italy supermarkets eased our lifestyle as well, and helped families to provide food for the entire week or more.
In order to travel safe and last longer, fresh food has to be treated with low temperatures or chemical substances.
Let’s go back to nature, and savor the naturally ripe produce….
In this tour, we need you to the best of your sensory skills!
To begin with, your expert gourmet guide will take you to the indoor San Lorenzo Food Market: at first you will be overwhelmed by the diverse smells mainly related to cheese and cold cuts, and by the colorful variety of the fresh produce, the way food itself is used to decorate the grocery stalls and make them more attractive.
During our Wine & Food Delights in Florence your guide will point out the best places where to stop and, upon request, the vendors will offer you a sampling of regional delicacies. You can also purchase some gourmet gifts for your friends, or save them for the next day.
- This tour lasts 3 hours and costs 255 euros up to six people (not per person).
- Wine and finger food are not included
- We don’t advise to select this tour if you don’t like wine or if you don’t like standing, eating, drinking at the same time…!
- Also, when it’s too hot, in July and August, better choose another tour…maybe with gelato!
- The tour doesn’t operate on Sundays
- No admission fees, no dress code required.
- For larger groups please inquire at email