- A stroll in some of the most picturesque areas of Rome
- Food & wine tastings with expert gourmet guide
- Brief visits to some artistic gems of Rome
- Advice about restaurants and wine bars
WHAT DO THE ROMANS EAT?
What do the Romans Eat ? A gourmet tour to taste some local specialties and discover the genuine food & wine culture of the Romans of the 21st century.
For Italians food is much more than just food! It is life, memory, family, history, in a word…culture !
It is not by coincidence that if you ask a foreigner to pronounce the first Italian words that occur to his/her mind, almost inevitably these words will be:
PIZZA… PASTA… GELATO… CAPPUCCINO… VINO!
In Rome we should add more ‘famous’ words, such as bruschetta, saltimbocca, amatriciana, carbonara, abbacchio…and so on !
Wine is part of our culture and we normally start savoring it when very young, on special celebrations or holidays, so wine in Italian culture always carries with it familiar memories of happy days.
What do the Romans Eat ? is a gourmet discovery walk through Campo de’ Fiori, the old Ghetto, Trastevere to savour what Romans like …and feel a bit ‘Romans’ yourselves for one day !
- This tour lasts three hours and costs 330 euros up to six people (not per person), only private parties.
- For larger parties send us an email!
- Food and wine are not included if you want to go to Testaccio we will need a taxi
- No shorts no sleeveless garments
- Short sleeves and knee high are ok
- Comfortable shoes or sandals and a hat in summer