- St Mark’s Basilica (with priority access)
- Grand Canal & minor waterways tour on a private water-taxi
- Walk into the Venetians’ Venice
- Rialto bridge and surrounding market area
VENICE REVEALED, ON FOOT & BY BOAT
VENICE REVEALED – This tour consists of three different stages, allowing you to have a general overview in just three hours.
First part will focus on St Mark’s Square with a brief visit to the Basilica’s interior. Second section will be a canal navigation on a private launch. The third leg involves walking in a lesser known part of Venice (Dorsoduro or Cannaregio) and learning more about the city. We normally end either by the Rialto Bridge or back in St Mark’s Square.
Our guide will comment all the Square’s famous buildings: Doges’ Palace, Marciana Library, the two Procuratie, Clock Tower, Bell Tower, Bridge of Sighs and Prisons. At the same time will frame them into the political and historical context.
Venice was a rich autonomous Republic for many centuries, both the State and private patrons invested in magnificent constructions. The architectural styles range from Byzantine to Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassical. There’s practically no room for new constructions and the city is protected by UNESCO.
After the introduction Venice Revealed heads to St Mark’s Basilica (skipping the line, from April 1st through October 31st) to admire its mosaics and marbles, heritage of the early centuries of political and commercial contacts with Constantinople and the Middle East.
- This tour lasts three hours and costs 430 euros up to six people (not per person), transportation included (one hour by private water taxi), only private parties.
- For larger parties send us an email!
- Entrance fees per person: S. Mark’s Basilica 7 euros
- No sleeveless, no shorts.
- Short sleeves and knee high garments are ok!