- Accademia Bridge
- Campo Santa Margherita
- San Sebastiano (with masterpieces by Veronese)
- Gondola making boatyards
- Walk along the Zattere
- Panoramic view from Dogana
ALL ABOUT DORSODURO
ALL ABOUT DORSODURO – the Venetian district of Dorsoduro stretches on the Southwestern part of Venice, between the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal.
The name Dorsoduro stands for ‘the hard backbone,’ as the subsoil here is more compact than in other areas of town.
If Venice were Paris, Dorsoduro will be then the ‘Rive Gauche’. Casual, chic, with hidden antique shops and artisans’ ateliers.
It boasts several schools including Ca’ Foscari University and the Fine Arts Academy, and world renown museums such as Peggy Guggenheim Collection, the Accademia Galleries, Ca’ Rezzonico and Pinault’s Dogana.
We stop a minute to admire the always enchanting view of the Grand Canal with the familiar Dome of La Salute as a backdrop.
Past the Accademia Galleries we reach Campo San Barnaba, an animated square cheered by a picturesque canal with a strong cinematographic vocation.
Your guide will summon up the memorable scenes in which San Barnaba acted as a movie location.
Nearby is the vast Campo Santa Margherita, where university students, the few Venetians left, and a sprinkle of tourists sit at the open-air cafés, creating an informal, leisurely atmosphere unique to Venice.
- This tour lasts three hours and costs 295 euros up to six people (not per person).
- Only private parties.
- For larger parties send us an email!
- Entrance fees per person: Church of San Sebastiano 3 euros as an alternative or in addition, we can also enter the Salute Church (no admission fees).
- Short sleeves and knee high skirts/pants ok
- No sleeveless garments, no shorts.
- The Church of San Sebastiano is closed on Sundays.