Highlights of this tour
Scavenger hunt at Palazzo Vecchio
Finding out about the Medici’s animals & hobbies
Discovering mysterious symbols & details in the paintings
Final prize for the winners!
THE MEDICI’S SECRETS:
THE MEDICI’S SECRES – Who ever said that museums aren’t fun? If you are visiting with your family then this is the itinerary for you!
Did you know that every member of the Medici had a preferred animal and a special ‘motto’?
Can you figure which is the most frequently represented animal inside Palazzo Vecchio and why?
Any idea of what a ‘camelopard’ is?
Have you ever heard of the rhino living at the Boboli Gardens?
Can you identify the UFO hiding in one of the religious paintings?
Familiar with alchemy? Curious to learn which mysterious objects would Francesco de Medici hide in his magnificent ‘cabinet of wonders’?
Guess how many lions lived in Florence during the Renaissance and find out why and where…
These and other riddles will be at the heart of our ‘The Medici’s Secrets’ scavenger hunt inside Palazzo Vecchio, the huge medieval castle which enshrines so many stories, mysterious objects and symbols.
It will be like digging into the centuries bringing back to life the famous people you see everywhere in the portraits: Cosimo, Alessandro, Francesco, Lorenzo de Medici, Eleonora da Toledo, with their myths, obessions and very strange ‘pets’!
And, at the end of our exciting hunt, guess which will be the prize for the winners? A very big and yummy G….O !!!
If you are a family with interests in science don’t miss our ‘Florence for Science Lovers’ tour!
If you are also visiting Venice with your family, you might also like to book our Discoveries & Kids tours there!
Cost of this tour
- This tour lasts three hours and costs 255 euros up to six people (not per person), only private parties.
- For larger parties send us an email
- Fees per person: 15 euros full price; 12 euros for students from 18 to 25 years; free admission for kids until 18
- Palazzo Vecchio is open every day from April through September, Closed on Thursdays October to March
Dress Code and advice
- Short sleeves and kneee high are ok
- Better if you don’t bring any backpack with you.