Highlights of this tour
- A complete introduction to Florence’s history
- Piazza del Duomo and surroundings
- Santa Maria del Fiore
- Piazza della Signoria with Palazzo Vecchio
- Ponte Vecchio
- Mini tour of the Uffizi or visit to the Academy (to see Michelangelo’s David)
- A walk into the historical heart of Florence
SOUVENIRS OF FLORENCE
‘Souvenirs of Florence’ is a cruisers’ excursion – You’ll be greeted and picked up directly at your ship’s dock in Livorno. A car or a minivan and an English speaking professional driver will transfer you to Florence in about an hour.
Along the road you’ll start to familiarize with the Tuscan landscape, made of hills, vineyards, olive groves, Mediterranean scrub and Medieval hamlets.
Once in Florence you’ll meet your city guide who, like a good Florentine friend, rather than showing you too many things in a hurry, will try to give you a general idea of the city and a good historical background, with enough time to take pictures and ask questions!Of course will shall see Piazza del Duomo, and architectural jewel made of powerful architectures clad in marvelous colored marbles and topped by Brunelleschi’s famous Dome!
And naturally we’ll tell you about the Duomo itself – and about Giotto’s Bell Tower and the old noble Baptistery.
During ‘Souvenirs of Florence’ the history of Florence and the Renaissance will start unfolding in front of your eyes!
We’ll stroll to Piazza della Signoria and stop by Palazzo Vecchio, the civic heart of Florence, and by the always busy Loggia dei Lanzi, with its great statues and its stories.In no time we’ll reach Ponte Vecchio, enjoy the jewelers’ shops and…
Cost of this tour
- The whole 8 hour tour costs: 1430 euro for parties up to 6 people (depending if we’ll use car or minivan).
- If you are a larger party please inquire at email
- If you decide to visit the Academy or the Uffizi we will take care of pre booking for you, but we need to know well in advance which of our options you choose.
- Admission fees: Academy (=David): 24 euro per person; Uffizi Gallery: 32 euro per person
- We will prebook for you, but we need to know at least 15 days in advance!
Dress Code and advice
- No sleeveless garments, short sleeves are ok.
- No shorts, knee high are ok.
- Comfortable shoes or sandals and a hat in summer.