Highlights of this tour
- A stroll in the heart of Vicenza
- Piazza dei Signori
- The Olympic Theater
- Corso Palladio
- Church of Santa Corona
A TOUR IN VICENZA, PALLADIO’S SHRINE
A TOUR IN VICENZA – Your guide will meet you at the Vicenza train station if you’re coming from Venice or Verona.
Our introduction to Vicenza will be the Piazza dei Signori with the Basilica and the Loggia del Capitanio.
Vicenza, the city of Palladio, was named an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
A stroll through elegant streets lined with noble private residences, such as Palazzo Porto and Palazzo Chiericati, will lead us to the Gothic church of Santa Corona to see Giovanni Bellini’s Baptism of Christ.
We’ll complete our morning tour In VIcenza with a visit to the Olympic Theatre, Palladio’s last work, and a site not to be missed.
According to your interest, it is possible to extend your tour with two suburban Villas, not far from the town centre. The first one is “Villa Capra” known as La Rotonda, a private rest home for the Canon Almerigo Capra who addressed to Palladio in 1567-68.
After a short walk we will reach Villa Valmarana “ai Nani”, decorated with superb cycles of frescos by Giambattista Tiepolo and his son Giandomenico, surrounded by a large green garden with flowers and exotic plants.
Cost of this tour
- This tour lasts 3 hours and costs 295 euros, for private parties up to 6 people
- Tour cost doesn’t include transportation. Vicenza can be easily reached by train from Venice or from Verona.
- Teatro Olimpico: 11 euros per person – Closed on Monday
- Church of Santa Corona: 3 euros per person
- Please apply for further information about the afternoon extension.
- Villa La Rotonda is closed on Monday.
- On Tuesday, Thursday, Friday it will be possible to visit just the gardens.
- Fees: 5 euros per person on Wednesday and Saturday it will be possible to visit both interiors and gardens.
- Fees: 10 euros per person
Dress Code and advice
- No shorts, no sleeveless shirts.
- Knee high skirts and short sleeves are ok!