- Full day wine tour of Franciacorta district by private luxury car
- English speaking guide/wine expert
- Visit two selected local wineries
- Discover the natural and artistic heritage of the Franciacorta area
FRANCIACORTA, THE FINE ITALIAN CHAMPAGNE
If you have never heard of “Franciacorta, the fine Italian Champagne”, just take your time and read this text, you may feel like booking our tour!
This district is about one hour drive east bound from Milan, precisely in the province of Brescia, and was created by the retreat of ancient glaciers that deposited massive amounts of morainic soils rich in minerals.
Since the ancient times, this fertile land of green hills have encouraged communities of shepherds and farmers to settle and prosper, thanks to the warm mists of the Lake Iseo on the north, and the navigability of the Oglio River west bound for the transportation of goods to the vaste Padana plain.
From the hotel where you are staying in Milan or another town in the Region, our expert guide will take you to the A4 highway by private luxury car, exit at the nearest station and start your trip through an extended area of rocky hills as far as the eye can see.
Like pencil tips on hilltops, Middle Age watchtowers overlook 7.900 acres of vineyards for the production of fine sparkling wines, made from the Champenois method of the second fermentation in the bottle.
Due to the favorable weather conditions vine growing dates back centuries, but contemporary wine industry began in the early 1960’s.
As you drive towards Lake d’Iseo you come across Guido Berlucchi estate renowned for the first bottle of “Metodo Classico” in 1961, the founder of Franciacorta sparkling wine style which was classified as DOC quality brand in 1967 and DOCG top quality one in 1995.
Today this wine area boasts 17,6 million bottles a year, mostly addressed to the domestic market, while 11,3% is exported to Switzerland, Japan, Germany, United States and Great Britain.
The “Franciacorta, the fine Italian Champagne” tour provides an exciting tasting of the full range of local appellations in a selected winery, including the basic nonvintage Franciacorta, the smooth and flowery Satèn version made with only Chardonnay grapes,
- This tour lasts approximately 8 hours and costs: 1420 euro up to 6 people, wine tastings and lunch not included
- Private car or minivan service, round trip tour from Milan or Como
- Professional English speaking guide/wine expert
- Only private parties.
- For larger parties: please send us an email!
- No dress code
- Please wear comfortable shoes and a hat in summer