Highlights of this tour
- Shopping tour of Testaccio (or Campo De’ Fiori) food market with the chef
- Private hands on cooking class at the chef’s apartment in downtown Rome (min 2 – max 6 people)
- Courses lunch (each dish paired with a proper wine)
- All participants will receive detailed recipes and a diploma
FOOD SHOPPING & PRIVATE COOKING CLASS IN ROME
Our ‘Food Shopping & Private Cooking in Rome’ will be an unforgettable experience for the whole family!
During your Roman holidays you might like to stay away from museums and churches for a while and devote some time to immerse yourself into the local culinary traditions.
Our chef, Daniela, was born in Naples, but has lived in Rome since her childhood.
She spent her youth in the States, where her father was the marketing manager of the Italian deluxe hotels’ chain CIGA, and she had the chance to organize Italian business lunches and dinners for American travel agents, fashion stylists, and international hotels’ managers.
After twentyfive-year career in marketing with Alitalia Airlines, she left the company to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a chef.
She joined the “Italian Cooking School Gambero Rosso”, the “French Culinary School Le Cordon Bleu”.
Daniela was featured in the “Finnish Mondo magazine”, in “The travel guide”, “100 Places in Italy Every Woman Should Go” by Susan Van Allen, on “AFAR Travel Magazine”, on “Saveur Magazine”, on “The Guardian” and on the BBC special “Rhodes Across Italy”, hosted by top British chef, Gary Rhodes.
Daniela conducts personalized tours of Rome’s most famous markets, usually Testaccio or Campo dè Fiori which offer the season’s finest and freshest fruit and vegetables, meat, and cheese.
You can shop for delicacies and hidden treasures that will add that extra something to your own cuisine.
After the food shopping tour you will head to Daniela’s home and start your hands-on cooking class.
Cooking classes take place in the welcoming and relaxed atmosphere of Daniela’s beautiful own home, right in the heart of ancient Rome.
Each class is limited from 2 to 6 participants so that everyone gets plenty of hands-on experience.
This is great fun and there’s no better way to learn!
Cost of this tour
- 260 per person (minimum 2, maximum 6 people)
- All ingredients and wines are included
- At the end each participants will receive depatiled recipes and a diploma
Dress Code and advice
- Comfortable shoes please
- You will receive an apron to use during your hands on cooking class